Tyre and wheel Alignment services
Wheel alignment is an affordable service that can easily make you save money. Indeed, your new tyre investment can be wasted by a bad tyre alignment. Wheel alignment is part of your car maintenance and must be checked regularly in order to avoid risks on the road. Read how to identify a bad wheel alignment and why checking and maintaining the alignment of your tyres is key for your security and your budget!
What is vehicle wheel alignment?
The tyre alignment consists of adjusting the angle of the wheels in order to make them parallel to each other and perpendicular to the ground. This operation is intended to prevent too much friction or premature wear of tyres or suspension.
The alignment of the tyre is the adjustment of three elements: camber, toe, and caster.
- Camber adjustment: seen from the front of the vehicle, the specialist adjusts the inward or outward angles of the tyre.
- Toe adjustment: seen from above, the angle identifies the exact direction the tyres are pointed compared to the centerline of the vehicle.
- Caster adjustment: seen from the side, this angle identifies the forward or backward slope of a line drawn through the upper and lower steering pivot points.
Point S expertise in tyres alignment for motorcycles, trucks, and agricultural vehicles
All Point S centers carry out tyre services. Our teams are well-trained in new technologies and have the best equipment. They are qualified to work on any type of vehicle, from cars to trucks or agricultural vehicles.
Benefits of wheel alignment
A good alignment will bring you many benefits in terms of comfort, money and security:
- It will help reducing the maintenance budget of your car. Indeed, thanks to a good adjustment, your tyres will benefit from a better rolling resistance.
- It reduces the fuel consumption. Indeed, when your 4 tyres are well aligned, it reduces friction on the road and it requires less energy for the same driving distance.
- It optimizes the lifetime of your tyres.
- It protects some mechanical parts of the vehicle. Indeed, some parts of your car that present an abnormal wear may be the result of a bad alignment.
- 4 wheels aligned improve maneuverability and car control, which is a huge factor of security when you drive in poor weather conditions. Moreover, it provides a much more pleasant driving.
- Your vehicle will emit less CO2, which is obviously better for the environment!
3 indicators of a bad wheel alignment
Because it can be difficult to know if you need to align your wheels, check out our 3 key indicators :
- Your tyres wear out irregularly
- The steering of your vehicle is modified in a straight line: on the highway, you can try to release the steering wheel for one second. If you notice that the direction of your car is drifting to the left or the right, this may be a sign of a bad wheel alignment.
- The curved trajectory changes
When to check your alignment?
It is recommended to align the wheels of your vehicle once a year or every 20,000 kilometers. However, an anomaly in alignment can appear during all the lifetime of the tyre, and if you notice the appearance of one of the three indicators above, we advise you to carry out a regular control by a specialist.
Wheel alignment in Abidjan
And you, when was the last time you have checked your tyre alignment? make an appointment or visit your nearest Point S center to get in touch with our Point S expert that will handle your wheel alignment.